Friday, November 17, 2017

A Day in the Life of Karen's Feet 9:30am





When I took this video this morning, I didn't think that my feet were moving much, but that just goes to show how "normal" my Parkinson's symptoms have become to me. Watching this video, I am quite surprised to see not only how much my feet were moving, but also how much my whole body is twisting with dyskinesia.

Dyskinesia is the nonstop, involuntary dance that is a side effect of  Sinemet (brand name of levodopa).  I have been working with my neurologist since I was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease in 2005 trying to find just the right combination and dosage of medications that will have the most therapeutic benefit with the least possible side effects. It has been a major case of Goldilocks Syndrome.



No comments:

Post a Comment