Saturday, May 14, 2011

Good and Bad Days

I usually say that I don't live one day at a time ~ I live one hour at a time. My symptoms change from one hour to the next, as I described in my last post (ups and downs), but lately I have definitely had some days that were much worse than others. I will have a couple of days with just my "base level" pain, and no major times of dystonia or dyskinesia. But the last few days I have had several bouts of each. Last night I had about an hour of full body muscle cramps so severe I could hardly breathe. I had to wake up my husband and he helped me to calm down and breathe.


My husband is taking on more of the cooking and cleaning. This hasn't been easy for him ~ I sometimes wonder which of us has a more difficult life, me with the pain and disability or him with having to take up the slack. My daughters both think that they have way more chores to do than any other kids. They are especially disgruntled at having to wash dishes. Apparently we are the only family in the western world without a dishwasher. They will concede to the fact that there might be a few families in Africa who also wash dishes by hand, but we are definitely the only holdouts here.


Basically, Parkinson's disease affects the whole family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment